Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tug of War

Fritzy, my Black Lab/Akita/almost every other breed a stray mother and father can have, and I were playing tug of war this evening. Fritzy is a house dog so we were inside playing. Not outside, it is still really cold here. But back to tug of war. Fritzy is a really big and strong dog. My Dad and I are the only ones who can play with her without being pulled across the room. My brother, Jonathan, likes to try to play with her, but he usually gets pulled around a lot. So we were playing and Fritzy likes to make a lot of noise when she plays. So she's growling and pulling and we are just having a ball. In the summer we like to go outside and play catch. But Fritzy likes to play with logs, not sticks. At the moment, though, most of the logs are under the snow. So we mostly play tug of war inside in the evening. We have a lot of fun. To bad I did not get any pictures, but since I am the one pulling on the rope, I can't really take pictures.

In November, I bought a Crazy Dog tennis ball launcher. It sits on your arm and works sort of like a sling shot. I'll take a picture of it later, so you can see what it is. Fritzy and I have been having a lot of fun with that. When she catches the ball, she grabs it so hard that, after a few catches, the ball is broken. But they still work and Fritzy does not care if they are broken. Charlie, our other dog, doesn't catch on to the whole 'run and catch the ball' so he just sits and watches. He's getting old and got sick a couple years ago, so he doesn't move as fast or as much as Fritzy does.

They are both very good dogs. I'll get some pictures tomorrow and put them up for all of you.

Hope you enjoy!!

'becca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool! I await the photos.

We don't have a dog, and haven't since I was really little. But it's fun reading about yours. :)

God bless, J.J.

Anonymous said...

After all this, there is only one thing to say: Have reverence for God, and obey his commands, because this is all that we were created for. ECCLESIASTES 12:13